Acts Of Kindness
There is no doubt that small things done with great love can change the world. A random act of kindness with no strings attached is a great way to show the love of Jesus to those around us.
Who doesn't like to be given a free cup of coffee on a cold day? Especially by someone who is smiling, happy and having fun. This type of servant evangelism wins the heart before it confronts the mind. A small act of kindness nudges a person closer to God, often in a profound way. With each act, leave the little card with them to let them know that God loves them. Kindness builds the bridge for the person to receive a touch of love from God. It's simple, practical, effective, inexpensive and fun! Pick-up a stack of Acts of Kindness cards located at Information.
Below are some "random acts of kindness" ideas. You'll hear responses like, "Oh, thank you!" "This is so nice!" "I can't believe this is for free!" and, "Why are you doing this?"
Acts of Kindness Ideas
- Buy someone's groceries.
- Pay the toll fee for the person behind you.
- Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
- Bring flowers (poinsettias, etc.) to someone.
- Offer to babysit for free.
- Pay for someone's coffee behind you in the drive-through.
- Pay for someone's food behind you in the drive-through.
- Send a note of encouragement to someone.
- Put $ in a Redbox DVD for the next person who rents.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Give a treat to the postman or delivery person.
- Leave a big tip for a waiter or waitress.
- Pay for someone's movie that is behind you in line.
- Slip a $20 to someone who you know is struggling financially.
- Pay for someone's meal or dessert at a restaurant.
- Take baked goods to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
- Take a box of doughnuts to a school, office, etc.
- Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.